Sunday, August 1, 2010

BIKE TOUR!

Ok. Well HEEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! We made the trek around Mad’s largest lake…220km of biking and doing AIDs awareness along with some information on Health, Environment and Business. We did a lot of biking followed by much setting up stations and preparing for the day of partying…well partying as in singing and dancing. We had PSI come help us. A great organization that promotes health around Mad. They were our sound system and helped us make sure all our messages were clear to the people. They were great and I want to give them a good shout out cuz without them, it wouldn’t have been as big of a success. We trekked about 70km the first day and were able to relax that night. We set up camp and the next day starting off the fety (party) in a bigger town. It was a success especially for our first time. We sang songs, in Malagasy, about AIDs to the beat of some well known songs here. We made a station for the people to learn these songs throughout the day so they could sing along with us when it came time for us to perform. It was a great success, yet only day 1. We did this same thing, except without a break for the next 8 days. It was very exhausting but was all very successful. None of the other days were as far of a trek but some were about half as long and not on a paved road so they were equally as tiring. But overall, I am very glad I helped with the bike trip and was part of it. It was great to see 6 other PCVs villages and to be with 20 other PCVs for the tour. We laughed and danced and sang a lot. We also passed sicknesses from one Volunteer to the next but all made it through. It was great to sleep in a bed last night, warm and comfortable. I will be heading back down to my village on Thursday prolly along with another PCV who is going to help with my garden and start up an English Club. I will be back here at the capital the end of August to help train the newbies. So it won’t be long until I have internet again. I hope to hear from some of you in the next couple days. But yeah. That’s about it for now. Life’s great. I miss you all so much. Think of you often. I’m sorry, I am sooooo bad at writing letters. I have one that I started in June and still haven’t finished or gotten it sent. But I hope to do that here in the next couple days. It’s always great to hear from you all and I hope all is well. Take care and known you are all in my thoughts everyday! LUV YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment